Computer Science for ALL #2BAChampOfChange
To Be a Champion of Change for
Computer Science Education!
How fun, invigorating, inspirational, and motivating for the White House to value my passion. Now I just need more Code Buddies to build brains. My goals are:
- To motivate others to be a Champion of Change for CS Education, like the Champions at the NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Awards UHD 2/13 and the AAUW EYH conference SFMS 2/20.
- To help those who are already passionate about CS Education become activists.
- To help all teachers use the Design Recipe where my advocacy began.
- To attend the CS SUMMIT June 7-9 in Austin, Texas.
- Step 1: Watch Amy Poehler Smart Girls White House Video
- Step 2: Step up to the plate.
- Design an action item and implement it.
- Be persistent – take advantage of every opportunity.
- Step 3: Build on your unique passion – be yourself.
- Create Questions through conversation.
- Work with those who want to work with you.
- Step 4: When you feel froggy, jump.
- When you have an idea, communicate it!
- Write, Blog, Write, Tweet, Code a website
- Make a “Smart Girl” video tweet with your parent or teacher
- Share a question, an idea or your passion with @TedE4CS
- Step 5: Be a Code Buddy.
- Friends of CS Partners – write businesses to fund CS project managers.
- Bring coding to activity centers in classrooms and libraries.
Create the Great Presidential Debate between Teddy and Franklin TedE In the White House West Wing Roosevelt Room – It is TIME!
The next Internet is Robotics Will you be ready to help people perform at their best?