These are challenges our young women aspire to solve.
(Students, here is where I need your essay ideas.)
Will you help spread the word so together we can build
our community of problem solvers together.
Outreach needed! See where the applications are coming from and the missing girls. We need an advertisement like this: Times have changed. Clothing that lasts forever is no longer a good thing. What they don’t say is the whole impact of clothing and reuse should come first. That is a problem to solve that definitely needs our innovators in aspirations.
Wrote Great Day Houston:2-7-2020 – Amazing show. Looked for link to the EPIC presentation to share. Could not find it to link to my blog site. I would like to invite Debra Duncan to be a table host Sat. 2/29 10:00 – 1:30 at the NCWIT Aspiration.org awards at University of Houston Downtown. We have 156 Houston students who applied. We are awarding 100 winners including 2 national winners and their teachers. One of the questions asked is what problem students want to solve. That is what EPIC is doing, starting in MS is so important. Problem is not enough support in schools to scale this. Our winners want to solve education problems. But, we need Debra’s help. Her son went to the Idea Lab where my grandson attended. I have written a number of time about scaling coding and computer science education. Maybe we can make it happen now.
- Why apply for the aspirations award – 2019 RUSMP presentation
- You should learn to program – SMU 2012
- Why Digital Design from code to Fabrication– ISTE ignite Using Code to Create Fabrications
Texas Collaboration opportunities:
- Guide to Inclusive CS
- Senator Rosen 2020 congratulations – she has CS background
- AspireIT Applicants
- Academic Alliance Members
2019 NCWIT Summit ideas:
- Next – Family Engagement – email@example.com
- Modern Figures Podcast
- How Diversity Makes us Smarter
- Jamie Casap – Problem-Solving Generation Google
- 1000 Cut Journey Courtney Cogburn Columbia School of Social Work
2020 NCWIT Virtual Summit (Really miss the F2F)
- Meeting slides – bit.ly/AiCJune17Meeting