STEP ONE: Play – Watch the Getting Started Videos
- Getting started:
- Video Tutorial … Can you do better? Can you decompose and create a shorter video lessons?
STEP TWO – Understand WHY and HOW commands work:
- Do you know why 132 and 60 are used to draw the star?
- Can you draw a line?
- Can you draw a rectangle?
STEP THREE – Create a Goal – WHAT do you want to do? Ideas:
- Program to draw out patterns and shapes, e.g. pentagon, hexagon, etc.
- Create a piece of art only using lines.
- Create a design only using squares.
- Design an obstacle course for Pro-Bot, including tunnels to activate Pro-Bot’s headlights. – Watch how to Use lights and sensors.
- Program Pro-Bot to move between two locations on a town plan, a country map or even a treasure trail!
- Use with K’NEX to enhance, personalize and adapt the car design to carry objects, convert to a tank, create a space ship, etc.
- TTS Directions with Computing UK standards (National Curriculum for Computing is similar ISTE/ CSTA CS/CT Standards.)
- Key Stage 1:
- Understand what algorithms are; how they are implemented as programs on digital devices; and that programs execute by following precise and unambiguous instructions.
- Create and debug simple programs.
- Key Stage 2
- Design, write and debug programs that accomplish specific goals, including controlling or simulating physical systems; solve problems by decomposing them into smaller parts.
- Use sequence, selection, and repetition in programs; work with various forms of input and output.
- Use logical reasoning to explain how some simple algorithms work and to detect and correct errors in algorithms and programs.