Aspirations in Computing (AiC) aspirations.org
We need you to be a reviewer!
It will be the best few hours you can spend to discover students with aspirations to change the world with technology.
Are you ready to click the link to sign up? www.aspirations.org/registration
NEEDED: Champions to Spread the word.
- Growth and Impact of the NCWIT AiC Award
- AiC Welcome Booklet
- WHY Apply for the Aspirations Award – Why Encourage a student
- Advising for Future Ready Schools FREE worshops
A 2020 message from Senator Rosen – Why this is important!
Mentors needed to help with essays – Step by Step Guide for Students:
Step One: PREPARE ANSWERS – Can also be used for college and scholarships applications. English teachers can use for writing prompts. CS teachers can use to integrate writing into CS as journal warmups. Students, I need your essay ideas for mentoring engagement – short videos or blog posts. Tweet to @TedE4CS
These are the 2019 questions. Waiting to see how COVID will be changing the focus.
- Describe a problem that you would like TO SOLVE using technology and explain HOW you would solve it (this could be a social problem, a technical problem, a local problem, a world problem, etc.).
- Describe what sparked your interest in computing and technology and HOW has that interest furthered your experience in computing and technology? This is your time to shine – tell us what you have been doing and give us specific details
- What makes your application STAND OUT, be that LEADERSHIP or overcoming ADVERSITY or your personal EXPERIENCE with technology? We want to hear about what makes you unique.
- Describe HOW you would like computing and technology TO BE A PART OF your career goals.
PROJECT MANAGER IDEAS
- Coordinate a competition to produce a 30 second promotional video to show morning announcements.
- Coordinate an aspirations applicant – mentor social event
- Plan CSEdWeek event like Technolocicas, HACEMOS and AT&T did.
STUDENTS AND TEACHERS
- Preparing your Application
- email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- call us: (970) 670-7545
- use the “Support” button on the right side of all the web pages
- AiC Coordinators in each state
- Spreading the Word
- Encourage a student form
- Counselors for Computing
- WI Aspirations Committee Structure and Tasks
- Texas Girls Collaborative Project Leadership Resources
- Computer Science Teacher’s Association – Houston Meetups
MEDIA – MARKETING
- Promotional Videos
- 1.5 minutes
- NEED YOUR HELP!!!
- Articles in Student Newspapers
- MHS TheAnvil_NCWIT Article – I graduated from Memorial High School in 1966 – helps action to be an Alum. Newspaper teacher is amazing.
- MN Affiliate Website
- Giving Your Women in Computing a boost
NCWIT Connections – if you want me to share anything, please let me know:
- Affiliate Advisory Council: Susie Park-Kelly – Aspirations Affiliate Program Coordinator
- K12 Resource and Research Committee: Leslie Aaronson – Strategic Director for K12 Initiatives
- Director, K-12 Alliance and TECHNOLOchicas: Jannie Fernandez