What questions were you inspired to ask today?
What did you take the time to research to get an in-depth answer?
It started with AI. TED picked out this talk.
- How CRISPR lets you edit DNA.
- Should we use our new evolution-hacking powers to make us less susceptible to viruses? What a wonderful boon that would be! And what about preventing depression? Hmmm…Should we allow parents, if they can afford it, to enhance the height or muscles or IQ of their kids?
- And CBS Sunday Morning continued 7-25-21.
And then flowed into these:
- You are your microbes. Regulated not controlled.
- How do your hormones work? – Wonder if my sleep issue is related to my Thyroid. I prefer natural solutions to vendor driven medications, but need to know if I need more help.
- The Mysterious Workings of the Adolescent Brain – My grandson is in this age. Would be great if his school would show this so he has control of his knowledge.
- Who is collecting data? www.oecd.org/pisa/data
Our children must be given time to ask questions. And teachers must be given time to give personal answers that drive a research passion. Classrooms should be regulated, not controlled with TEKS driven curriculum. Would love a law that requires every student to do a science project. A law that makes portfolios of student’s learning projects a part of accountability. And that passion continues over time K-12 with scaling and sustaining their ideas. Lets get the environment right. Like our body, sugar is like testing. Kids need apples. They need to grow their own gardens.
TED commercials are inspiring. Look at Lexus on creativity. Wish they would add commercials for time for this in classrooms. And research specialists to drive the thinking. Planning to produce right answers, instead of preventing wrong answers. Positive thinking overtaking negative thinking … producing optimists. Those who think the cup is half full instead of focusing resources on the half that is failing.
I have this quote on the end of my emails, “I provide seeds, but gardeners needed to plant and nurture them.” Gardening really is an answers to lots of educational issues. Learn that mistakes can be positive. It is about taking action.