Texas State Board of Educator Certification
2020 – after move of CS to CTE
One more successful initiative. I started the process to change SBEC ruling to allow Technology Application certified teachers to teach the introductory CS courses of Fundamentals of CS and AP CS Principles. Approved Nov. 2016. See the details on the SBEC Website.
§231.257. Fundamentals of Computer Science; Advanced Placement Computer Science Principles; Game Programming and Design or Mobile Application Development, Grades 9-12.
An assignment for Fundamentals of Computer Science; Advanced Placement Computer Science Principles; Game Programming and Design or Mobile Application Development, Grades 9-12, is allowed with one of the following certificates.
(1) Computer Science: Grades 8-12.
(2) Grades 6-12 or Grades 9-12–Computer Information Systems.
(3) Junior High School (Grades 9-10 only) or High School–Computer Information Systems.
(4) Secondary Computer Information Systems (Grades 6-12).
(5) Technology Applications: Early Childhood-Grade 12
- §231.251 Computer Science: Fundamentals of Computer Science; Computer Science I, II, and III; Digital Forensics; or Robotics Programming and Design
- §231.253 Technology Application: Digital Video and Audio Design, Web Communications, Digital Design and Media Production, Digital Art and Animation, 3-D Modeling and Animation, Digital Communications in the 21st Century, Web Design, Web Game Development, Independent Study in Technology Applications, or Independent Study in Evolving/Emerging Technologies
- §231.255 CS or Math: Discrete Math
- §231.257 CS or TA: Game Programming and Design