Lessons are the same as the Bee-Bot for physical computing. See codemathteks.edublogs.org/bee-bot.
The Blue-Bot has the added feature of Blue Tooth:
- TacTile Reader – The Blue-Bot TacTile Reader is a hands-on programming device to control Blue-Bot with tiles representing each Blue-Bot command. Games (Lessons):
- Step One: Put in 3 forward tiles, 3 backward tiles. Check to see if returns to where started. Note: This will teach children how to put in the tiles correctly. Let them figure it out.
- Step Two: Place the Bee on a letter. Have team member pick a letter. Others in group program the Blue-Bot to go to that letter. Note: Only 10 commands available so might have to start at a different location, or pick another letter.
- Step Three: Put tiles in and have student guess which letter on the alphabet mat the Blue-Bot will stop on.
- Step Four: Have children make up their own games.
- Emulator – Read and Follow instructions:
Getting Started with Blue-Bot App Handout
- Can be found on the Terrapin Logo download page.