Step One: Play with the Easi-Scope
- Plug in the Easi-scope into the USB slot
- Open up XploView Software – download link on Bee-Bot.us Site.
Step Two: Examples
- See Examples: http://knorth.edublogs.org/algorithmic-thinking/easi-scope/
- Take Photos
Step Two: Plan a goal
- What do you want to learn about up close?
- How do you get an idea?
An Idea Example:
- Inspiration: Reading about Pima cotton in Hints from Heloise. Said pima cotton comes from a variety of cotton plant whose extra-long fibers makes for a higher-quality garment or bedsheet. Bus experts estimate less than 5% of the world’s cotton production is pima cotton, why it costs more.
- Curiosity: Wanted to learn more, so decided this would be a fun project to use the Easi-Scope with. And since wanted to demonstrate the use of the systems model, used that process.
- Goal: Compare cotton sheets made with Pima cotton with cheaper sheets.