History on D-Day

What are you doing today? Do-Day

What did you do on D-Day?

Building Victory Gardens … these gardens were also considered a civil “morale booster” in that gardeners could feel empowered by their contribution of labor and rewarded by the produce grown. This made victory gardens a part of daily life on the home front. Lets bring that back!

The modern way to wear your Polka Dots – Will you wear yours on June 6th to celebrate 75th anniversary?  What are you doing to celebrate?  How about a Rosie Walk? Our AAUW Garden Diva Susan Boone is Marching with the UT band in Normandy.

On D-Day learn about the Spirit of 45 and watch the Memorial Day parade. 

His grandfather’s war: David Eisenhower on the general and D-Day

Ideas to think about:

Just search “Rosie” on my blog site and you will more posts to drive thinking:

My coffee cups … now that is a history of my travels.  2010 visited Norman Rockwell home with Pamela after we presented at the 10th anniversary TeachScheme workshop.  2020 the MFAH Exhibit. Reflecting on the past.  And learning … Reflecting on the future as I walked down the hallway full of photographs by students and stories about art.  As I was going to see the Normal Rockwell exhibit I walked through your student’s inspiring photographs.  Some from Westside HS where I used to teach. It is moments like these that inspire me to keep trying to change the education system to make time for do-days.