What are you doing today? Do-Day
- HOW DID A WWII CAMPAIGN ENDURE TO INSPIRE TODAY?
- How about empowering yourself by creating a blog site today? It is so easy in this day and age, just need to take the first step. In the past we coded in HTML and FTPed, now that is an interesting history to learn. HTML is empowering as can toggle between visual and text.
Building Victory Gardens … these gardens were also considered a civil “morale booster” in that gardeners could feel empowered by their contribution of labor and rewarded by the produce grown. This made victory gardens a part of daily life on the home front. Lets bring that back!
The modern way to wear your Polka Dots – Will you wear yours on June 6th to celebrate 75th anniversary? What are you doing to celebrate? How about a Rosie Walk? Our AAUW Garden Diva Susan Boone is Marching with the UT band in Normandy.
Ideas to think about:
- You could learn about Rosie the Riveter.
- Wish I had know or would have gone to the Gala at the Flight Museum.
- Did you know that 425,000 troops were wounded or went missing during the battle of Normandy?
- Do you know about changes led Americans to rethink their ideas about gender?
Just search “Rosie” on my blog site and you will more posts to drive thinking:
- Honey Pots and Dots
- To be a one-legged Purple Gorilla
- Expanding Your Horizons – The path made clear
- A Part of History
My coffee cups … now that is a history of my travels. 2010 visited Norman Rockwell home with Pamela after we presented at the 10th anniversary TeachScheme workshop. 2020 the MFAH Exhibit. Reflecting on the past. And learning … Reflecting on the future as I walked down the hallway full of photographs by students and stories about art. As I was going to see the Normal Rockwell exhibit I walked through your student’s inspiring photographs. Some from Westside HS where I used to teach. It is moments like these that inspire me to keep trying to change the education system to make time for do-days.