“Art is the elimination of the unnecessary.” – Picasso.
Adriana L. López, NCWIT Aspirations Winner
“My interest was sparked in computer science once I figured out in an educational computer science program, that animation is linked to computer science. I had always found myself confused on whether I should study art or science, and this was the solution for my problem. Not only was it just a solution, but it was also a new door towards a new growing interest in animation and computer science.”
Art and Code – A powerful course for computational thinking!
For me that sparks comes from CBS Sunday Morning News – Lets use their lessons as a focus.
- Code.org Abstract Art by Adriana
- Mondrian Art from Legos to Racket
- Bootstrap Hour of Code – Creating Images
- Khan Academy Drawing with Blocks
- Playful Invention – Turtle Art
- Generating Surprise with Scratch and TurtleArt– Generative ART
- Scratch Art Lessons
- Processing Hour of Code
- Pencil Code
- Create a Meme with your Art
- Dev Art – Art made with Code
- Computer for Creativity
- Bee-Bot Art
My IDEAS – POSTS – Presentations
- Using DrScheme and the Design Recipe in Algebra
- AP Central – Supporting Girls in CS by Programming with Graphics