PREPARE ANSWERS – Can also be used for college and scholarships applications. English teachers can use for writing prompts. CS teachers can use to integrate writing into CS as journal warmups.
- Describe a problem that you would like TO SOLVE using technology and explain HOW you would solve it (this could be a social problem, a technical problem, a local problem, a world problem, etc.).
- Describe what sparked your interest in computing and technology and HOW has that interest furthered your experience in computing and technology? This is your time to shine – tell us what you have been doing and give us specific details
- What makes your application STAND OUT, be that LEADERSHIP or overcoming ADVERSITY or your personal EXPERIENCE with technology? We want to hear about what makes you unique.
- Describe HOW you would like computing and technology TO BE A PART OF your career goals.
PROJECT MANAGER IDEAS
- Coordinate a competition to produce a 30 second promotional video to show morning announcements.
- Coordinate an aspirations applicant – mentor social event
- Plan CSEdWeek event like Technolocicas, HACEMOS and AT&T did.
STUDENTS AND TEACHERS
- Preparing your Application
- email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- call us: (970) 670-7545
- use the “Support” button on the right side of all the web pages
MEDIA – MARKETING
- Articles in Student Newspapers
- Giving Your Women in Computing a boost
NCWIT Connections – if you want me to share anything, please let me know:
- Affiliate Advisory Council: Susie Park-Kelly – Aspirations Affiliate Program Coordinator
- K12 Resource and Research Committee: Leslie Aaronson –
Strategic Director for K12 Initiatives