- AI wrote this article To convince us robots come in peace …
- Oh, to be young again … October 2020 – deepmind.com
- History of AI
- Integrated connected system
- What are we using AI for today? – past, present, future
- Socrates – know thyself
- Frontline – threat to democracy
- 2017 TED Talk 3 principles for creating safer AI
- Caleb Barlow: Where is it coming from?
- Crypto Club Project
2019 AI on PBS Frontline … “We are overcoming the limitations of our mind.” Time to get back to this inspired by this Special. Future Today Institute was mentioned … can you help change the education system? So when are schools going to use AI to overcome the limitations in the classroom? I majored in math to study AI in 1968 at University of Texas. Got hooked on teaching in 1985. Have been trying to bring the AI world into the classroom ever since and quality control. At an ISTE conference met NAO – for $3000 I could have had one and been a classroom developer. I waited a year to make a decision and missed that opportunity. The cost went up to $16,000.
AI is the employment of data to teach a computer to identify patterns and make independent and accurate decisions. Machines capable of making complex decisions independent from human input are predicted to bring economic change on the scale of the industrial revolution. – Chris Tomlinson Houston Chronicle 8/2018
AI on 60 minutes – Despite what you hear about artificial intelligence, machines still can’t think like a human, but in the last few years they have become capable of learning … Kai-Fu Lee: I believe it’s going to change the world more than anything in the history of mankind. More than electricity.
What are you doing as a teacher to prepare yourself and your students for this change? Yes, we know that public schools are not producing enough graduates with enough math and science background. Yes, we ned more colleges teaching data and computer science, the building blocks of artificial intelligence. But that takes teachers and time. Time to change the education system and partner AI and teachers and students who get IT, and want to take action. Time to change the bell-ringing 5 day schedule.
Food for Thought:
- Conversations with Bots – Who is having the conversations?
- Who is designing the code for computers to learn?
- Can AI help grading? kaizena.com
- “Is the Blockchain a Branch of AI?“
- Is there a Social Risk of AI?
- the-synapse-project.org – Is Neuroscience the secret to AI?
- Astronomers need automation for data overload
- Bias in the data
- Tainted data
ISTE Webinar by Sherry Jones – My opinion why all students need to learn basics in CS. And start with HTML. Helps to learn AI Markup language and Python. Create any character you want; can be a rock that is stepped on. Give it a voice. Main thing is that characters are believable. So, how what to you believe on Internet and the news? Are they real?
Machine Learning learning for you: