Google NGram Algorithm: https://books.google.com/ngrams
Looking for additional resources and ideas on how you can integrate abstraction and exploring algorithms into your classroom?
- Abstraction with Mad Glibs lesson plan shows how abstracting important keywords in a scenario can completely change the event being described.
- Code.org Algorithm Lesson Plan asks students to follow algorithms to build images with tangrams.
- Real-Life Algorithms with Paper Airplanes lesson plan allows students to abstract important information and follow an algorithm to build a paper airplane.
- Barefoot Computing abstraction resources and ideas provides multiple abstraction examples across multiple subjects.
- This lesson from Google on “Describing an Everyday Object” helps middle school computer science students learn more about abstraction and data representation.
- This lesson from Google on “Finding the Shortest Path” uses algorithm design and pattern generalization to help students efficiently create a path, and is meant for high school math or computer science students.
- This lesson from Google on “Cell Biology – Filter Design and Construction” looks at data collection, representation and abstraction and is meant for secondary biology students.