- Attend the 10/14 TACSE State meeting. Please see details and register.
- Share the TACSE-Flyer with businesses and decision makers who can help.
- Bring your teens to the “Hack the Planet – Teens that Code” at the HCSB Library.
- Sign up to be a SBISD Volunteer Code Buddy – training at HCSB Library on 12/1.
- Spring Branch ISD teachers sign up for PD on 10/20 to develop an action plan for Hour of Code.
- Apple Computer Store in Houston Highland Village Happy Hour of Code Oct. 28 4:30-6:30 pm. Please come to learn how you can celebrate CS Ed Week in Dec.
- See my history of fighting for CS Education for All for 30 years. And Thank you for helping scale CS education.
Recent Items of Interest:
- New Federal Law Means Computer Science Is Officially Part of STEM
- The Death of a CS Program by a CS colleague of 20 years, makes me cry.
- Why CS is good for ALL. … New York Mayor will deliver CS education.
- How to solve the CS pipeline…train more teachers in CS. and pay them more $$?
- Coding Gives Students Voice … but need the voice of teachers like this.
- Anybody can Learn – Code.org Research
- A solution to the Tech Talent Gap – Houston Chronicle
- Action Plan Ideas from code.org’s Hadi Partovi
- Google CS Education Research and Resources
- I predict brick and mortar schools, brick and mortar teachers, and the Carnegie units that drive standards and testing will go ahead. The paradigm shift out the factory age classroom will be replaced by information age learning and entrepreneurial teachers.
Coding gives Student Voice … and teachers too if they have time to collaborate.
- It will be students who drive this revolution. Teachers maybe you should go ahead and make the switch. Learn to Code. Computers control the world, but computer scientists control the computers. Be a computer science teacher. Teach history: Mankind: The story of All of Us to scale ideas from the past that change the future.