How to Advocate for Computer Science in K-12 grades.
Presented at the Schlumberger Youth Computer Programming
HANDS-ON Experience to experience WHY programming is the KEY!
- Binary – Fold-a-book
- Sequence of Steps – Spatial Reasoning
- Line Dance and Robotic Spelling Bee with the Bee-Bot
- Procedures with Pro-Bot – Graphic Programming and Turtle Art
- Programming with Graphics and 1.0 HTML Programmed website
THE LAW – Programming is now part of math and technology TEKS
- Computational Thinking and Programming
- Programming in Elementary School
- K-8 Technology Application Standards Summary – from SBOE TEKS Laws.
- Math, TA and Science Texas Standards Breakouts for textbook publishers-Programming needs to be added to student expectations.
- CS Education Degree – U-Teach
- CS BA Degree – Why Example University of Colorado
- College Board Article on Programming with Graphics
- College Board Article Tool for CS
- Brain Power: Neurons to Networks – Solutions? What can you do?
- Invent a robot for your garden using an Arduino like entrepreneur Zac. Team with a recycling club to create products that reduce your carbon footprint.
THE STAR WARS FUTURE IS HERE
INTEGRATING TECHNOLOGY – THE MIND – AND THE BODY