The Thiel Fellowship has fueled a fierce debate about the value of a college education in a changing economy, one where the skills to write software or build a robot, coupled with an outsize dose of ambition and a youthful belief in one’s ability to change the world, have the potential to produce fame and fortune in a way that few other professions do. – New York Times
… How do we bring together organizations in Houston to scale Brain Building PBL in the classroom?
- AAUW Expanding Your Horizons – Conference Director
- AAUW Research – Why So Few Women in STEM – Outreach Team
- NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing – Houston Affiliate Committee
- Brilliant Lectures – Advisory Board
- Tech Corps Texas – Advisory Board
- Keep Houston Beautiful – Commissioner and Chair Education Committee
- Energy Day Academic Awards – Academic Team
- University of Houston Computational BioMedicine Lab – Outreach Team
- MDPC Piney Point Elementary School – Vegetable Garden Maze Advocate
… And connect to Global Outreach?
- ISTE SIG for Computing Teachers – Business Officer
- ISTE 2013 SIGCT Forum and Playground
- Computer Science Teachers Association – K-8 CS Curriculum writer
… And reach out to book publishers to add programming enrichment activities. The standards breakouts can be found on the TEA website. This lists the technology application TEKS as well as the 9 new high school CS classes including
- Game Programming and Design
- Mobile Application Development
- Robotics Programming and Design
- Digital Forensics
- Discrete Mathematics
Volunteering with outreach programs to build our future …
… Our future computer scientists, inventors, designers, entrepreneurs, engineers and brilliant thinkers.