Cities Connecting Children with Nature has the answers. Just need to build the questions from our children. The City of Houston is connecting 100s of non-profits to support this. Just need the schools to create a pathway.
Teachers who love outdoor education and gardening need help. This is a post to share Houston support groups to bring a “Garden for All”. “Computer Science For All,” my other education outreach, must be balanced with unplugged lessons.
This is my granddaughter helping weed at Hunters Creek ES. We were cleaning the gardens for a Memorial Day Dedication and thank you for a retired teacher who started them 42 years ago. See the HCE Newsletter for all the volunteers who made it happen. And she continues to garden.
Current Programs and Planning:
- Healthy Tweaks LLC , Lead Coodinator Rebecca Luman: “We have so many wonderful resources in the Greater Houston area and so many fabulous folks (you!) helping to educate our kids and connect them to nature!”
- Texas Children in Nature (TCIN)– Houston: Re-igniting our collaborative…electing officers and creating goals going forward. TCIN Summit and Champion Awards Luncheon 2017: November 7 & 8 San Antonio.
- Every Kid in a Park (EKIP) Houston: Update and potential for continuing to provide free field trip transportation to partner parks in the 2017-2018 school year.
- Houston Environmental Resources Exchange
- Citizens’ Environmental Coalition 2017 Summit
- Keep Houston Beautiful
- The Nature Conservancy
- Green Building Resources Center