I watch these as a motivator to do my breathing exercises “every” morning. Love that TED picks out something for me. Used to add at the bottom, but Richardo’s TED talk moved to the top. As he is saying the same thing I have for decades. In fact, each TED talk connects to that theme.
- Richardo Semier: How to run a company with (almost) no rules. Leap of Faith in loosing control. 3 Whys in a row – leaving with the seed. What 4? A much wiser future … radical idea. Wisdom in education – ideas have come. Asking extraordinary questions. So, whose classroom, school, district is doing this? What if we all did?
- Sugata Mitra: Kids can teach themselves – It had to be in groups – Can learn by observing. Me: Do we need smart boards or do we need holes in the wall? Start with these in hallways by restrooms and cafeterias. Answer question, Can Kids teach themselves to code? Next up Build a school in the cloud.
- Jill Tarter: SETI Search – As We Study
- Michelle Koa: Healing Power of Reading – June 10 2019 preparing for presentation at the WeTeachCS Summit using Joy
- Rocks – Karen (my name cool) Lloyd: Mysterious Microbes: since interested in my microbes watching which led to her deep sea mystery time in the ocean. Need to get to beach. Both lead to thinking questions and wanting to do more research. What we want to happen with our children.
As they grow, need to organize around topics. Food I am thinking is the most important. Missing ingredient is people doers. Champions of Change.
Got a Wicked Problems – Heidi Williams used in her CS presentation at ISTE.
- What followed was the Genius of Ants. PATTERNS IS THE MESSAGE.
- How Turn Group of strangers into a Team – Together is better!
- Say your truths and seek them in others – Time, Listen, Love!
- Places Scientists are not exploring – Shedding Light before it is too late
- Beauty in Impection – Space, Connections in the Unknown
- Spell Binding Art of Human Anatomy
- Oliver Sacks: What hallucination reveals about our minds Visual Cells – How the brain works
- Adam Grant:Original thinkers – Best way to improve the world around us – procrastinate
- Scott McCloud: The Visual Magic of Comics – Searched “Early Childhood Technology” as my friend is moving to Boston to take a job at Tuff’s managing a course which is a must for our future. An aspirations.org winner is creating comics at the University of Houston about brain innovations. My quest – connect these two educators.
- Mel Robbins: How to Stop screwing yourself – activation energy – get out of your head – get outside – 5 second rule or idea is killed. Me summary: How to apply Einsteins quote – Inspiration vs Perspiration. Go do it:open your mouth. Me: I do it but am called a busy buddy. Yes I know, Finished the ISTE TedX course and do that Ted Talk. Looked up busy buddy and what did I find buy my pet toys. Bigger question is time, as you see, I got this puppy and want to blow the bloody doors off … So I got a trainer as just don’t know what toys work, what I am doing wrong, why …
- Sal Khan: Let’s use video to reinvent education – Student:ValueTime Ratio, motivation:badges – Has tracking over time and tracks teacher feedback – for mentor tutoring volunteer time . A vision of the future in education – Bill Gates This was 2011, what has changed; me I need to check. Then TED choose to play Ken Robinson’s talk on creativity, which followed with lots more on education. So, when is the system going to be flipped? Cyber Security is safe, but computer science and computational thinking. Does this scare you? So, lets be in the safe zone to start.
- Dan Ariely: Why we do the things we do – Evaluation, Ownership – Efficiency in the knowledge economy – Creation, challenges