The Party begins at https://code.org/dance
Which ones can you do? Dance forever moves include:
- Body Roll
- Clap High
- Double Down
- This or That
The Challenge is on!!!!
Examples of Dances from my Xmas present family challenge:
- My 7th grade Grandson Nico sent from London – Said first Hour of Code that actually took him an hour.
- My son a math teacher at ASL – Said took him 2 hours and had to ask Nico for help.
- My 3rd grade Grandson Kade’s creation whose class did the Hour of Code.
- My 9th grade Grandson Gage’s creation Kade’s older brother – Said did not do puzzles, went straight to coding the dance.
The 13 Puzzles and lesson used during the Hour of Code at HCE:
- Make a Dancer:
- Add EVENT: (A measure refers to a certain number of beats.)
- Add another event:
- Add background:
- Change dance move after 2 measures:
- Add backup dancer:
- Change PROPERTY – Size: (Properties describe things like the dancer’s position on the screen, the dancer’s size, and the dancer’s color.)
- Change Property – Tint:
- Make Properties respond to music:
- Run code when an arrow is pressed:
- More Arrow control …
- Create a bunch of dancers at once …
- Now create your own dance and share with the world. Blocks are listed in groups. Use pull-down menu to find your dance code.
- Continue the Input-Process-Output Model Loop with Feedback …
- Here is my dance with steps I can do for exercise.
- Discovering patterns in examples is a key to learning.
- The party continues by sharing creations and remixing projects …
From Action to Code …
How about Dance For All … partnered with CS For All. As Together is Better!