Hour of Code Dec. 2018 SBISD Hunters Creek ES 3rd grade classes …
The Party begins at https://code.org/dance
Which ones can you do? Dance forever moves include:
- Body Roll
- Clap High
- Double Down
- This or That
The Challenge is on!!!!
Examples of Dances from my Xmas present family challenge:
- My 7th grade Grandson Nico sent from London – Said first Hour of Code that actually took him an hour.
- My son a math teacher at ASL – Said took him 2 hours and had to ask Nico for help.
- My 3rd grade Grandson Kade’s creation whose class did the Hour of Code.
- My 9th grade Grandson Gage’s creation Kade’s older brother – Said did not do puzzles, went straight to coding the dance.
The 13 Puzzles and lesson used during the Hour of Code at HCE:
- Make a Dancer:
- Add EVENT: (A measure refers to a certain number of beats.)
- Add another event:
- Add background:
- Change dance move after 2 measures:
- Add backup dancer:
- Change PROPERTY – Size: (Properties describe things like the dancer’s position on the screen, the dancer’s size, and the dancer’s color.)
- Change Property – Tint:
- Make Properties respond to music:
- Run code when an arrow is pressed:
- More Arrow control …
- Create a bunch of dancers at once …
- Now create your own dance and share with the world. Blocks are listed in groups. Use pull-down menu to find your dance code.
- Continue the Input-Process-Output Model Loop with Feedback …
- Here is my dance with steps I can do for exercise.
- Discovering patterns in examples is a key to learning.
- The party continues by sharing creations and remixing projects …
From Action to Code …
How about Dance For All … partnered with CS For All. As Together is Better!
MAY 1ST 2019 – Motivated from the Winds of Time celebration at HCE where they have a May Pole Dance.
May 4th 2019 Aldine ISD Tech Fest. Play Bee-Gees You Should be Dancing while watching the video. And then continue listening to “Staying Alive” as that is what teachers are trying to do in the classroom. When they should be spending time dancing not doing test prep. As memorizing things like math facts is better in a song. Problem solving is better when building with hands. And assessment should be products of learning like Morgan and Kylee’s poster presentation.