Blowing the Bloody Door Off

And Why I got a puppy …  A New Year …

Mia Bella puts angels in my pathway.

Mia Bella says all we need is kindness with positive reinforcement and action.  She said I only jump on you and nip you to get your attention to understand what I need.

“CHALLENGES are PROBLEMS that Make life interesting.”
– Ridley Scott, Film Director and Producer

• Question:  What kind of dog is Bella?
  • Answer:  A Muttspca

Knowledge is answers to questions; the more questions the more knowledge.

The thing that’s energized my work is that nature is always posing new problems. When you ask a new type of question, you don’t know in advance what the answer is or where the adventure will lead.
Twisted Physics

See mias-hug-and-my-pine-tree

CBS Sunday Morning January 6, 2019:

1. Just ordered “Blowing the Bloody Doors Off: And Other Lessons in Life” by Michael Caine after watching his story on my favorite show.  Needed another Audible book as spending lots of time outside training my puppy.  Just finished George Washington Black and was ready for my next lessons in life.
    2. We seek control of our own destiny … an over achiever .. technology that will help visually impaired.  Prove mobility can be mastered.  How did he do it? Studying for masters in computer science to develop more technology that can brighten the world.
    3. So, why did I get a puppy?  Teaching is in my blood like art was in Van Gogh’s blood.
    4. Bella is better today, because I am better. Have too many projects and people saying they don’t have the time to help … frustrating like Bella half the time.  I am better because a few are starting to step up and say YES.  I learn so much about coaching and teaching by trying to train this crazy dog.  October 2019 she is one year old.  Some days I tell her she is going back to the pond.  But today she was Bella the Explorer.

June 2020 started Jane Goodall’s Master class after hearing her on a NCWIT Zoom conversation.  Just posted this after a person posted she disagreed with the lesson on Chimps and Human:

My dog is my teacher. https://knorth.edublogs.org/2019/01/06/blow-the-bloody-door-off/ I had an “expert” behaviorist dog trainer tell me my puppy needed to be on medication. My experience teaching children with behavior problems told me this was wrong. So I watched Bella and learned how she communicated to me when there was a problem and I learned what worked. She is 1 1/2 years old now and is great most the time, but something innate makes her crutch down with a I am mad and going to jump on you look. I do go back to some of the earlier advice from the know-it-all trainer, but I know now I took the right pathway. Kudos to Jane for what she is doing, for we don’t know… spirituality ? “What is this stuff that is always coming and always going, but is always here? If could sit around and discuss it … Have to be there, really see it, really feel it to understand what I am talking about. ” Instead of disagreeing, hope we can build on what we find can bring our world together.

October 2022 – … /research/stress/bella/

Still Teaching because “This is Me” …  this is dedicated to an amazing computer science teacher Lewis F. who said “The more I hear this song – the more I think it applies to teachers just as well as it fit the movie -This is from The Greatest Showman (a must see if you have not seen it). – And my son a teacher who takes me to Covent Gardens when I visit him in London. And to all teachers who quest to be the greatest showman.

... When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I’m gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I’m meant to be, this is me
Look out ’cause here I come
And I’m marching on to the beat I drum
I’m not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me

… When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I’m meant to be, this is me
Look out ’cause here I come
And I’m marching on to the beat I drum
I’m not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me

… I’m gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
I’m gonna send a flood
Gonna drown them out
Oh
This is me