STEAM into “Computer Science for All” by coding in the arts.
In the ISTE Digital Equity in Computer Science Webinar the leaders said “It takes a creative teacher to make the connection to integrate CS into their content area.” My solution – ART TEACHERS – who are intrinsically creative. Thank you for walking into this computational thinking world!
- Warmup – Binary Bracelets Networking
- Cover: Your name and write CODE in binary
- Page 2: WHY you came to this session.
- Page 3: WHAT take-away to you hope to learn.
- Page 4 & 5: Mondrian Art Plan
- Page 6 & 7: Line Dance Steps with arrows
- Back: Circle with Action Item
- Programming with graphics modules and video
- Mondrian Art examples
- Jump into Drawing Mondrian Art with Bootstrap
- Pro-Bot ART and Bee-Bot Line Dance– See Lessons in No Fear Code Book
- Digital Flower and CS in the Garden
- Circle Connections – Action Plan
- Home Challenge: Virtual and cut snowflakes, code.org/frozen puzzles
- Homework: Look at unplugged lessons that connect to art, music and dance.
Details Lessons on the Bee-Bot in the ISTE Book No Fear Code
Training and Collaboration: