Calling all community leaders and educators to help find young women who aspire to solve local problems through computing. Harvey has really put a damper on our community and we need to find Hidden Figures in our classrooms that might just have answers. See Childrenhood Dreams post March 2015 and ask why taking so long?
- The NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing is a place to start. They provide free materials and support.
- Please help spread the word by using resources on this link.
- Share your aspiration in volunteering – tinyurl.com/NCWITHouston
- Register on NCWIT Aspirations Interest page
- AAUW-WHC WISE members are hosting a book study on “Hidden Figures” to brainstorming ideas to help. Would love to hear your ideas.
- CSforAll Consortium is the national hub for the Computer Science for ALL movement that works to enable all students to achieve CS literacy as an integral part of their educational experience both in and out of school. Briefing on K-12 CS with Obama.
Research – The Future
- Ken Kennedy Institute – Rice University
- Working Smarter
- Data Wise in the Information Age
- Computational Engineering is a Key Scientific Discipline