– Decomposition – Abstraction – Pattern Recognition – Algorithms – … Expressing an approach that a computer (human, machine or both) can use to achieve a solution.
- About me … www.build-a-brain.com … www.codemathteks.edublogs.org … firstname.lastname@example.org … Computer Science for All Advocate – www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2016/01/30/computer-science-all … Spring Branch ISD Houston Code Buddy – knorth.edublogs.org/2016/03/24/code-buddy-fun/
- About TedE … @TedE4CS … knorth.edublogs.org/2015/07/20/tede/
- About you … K-2 teacher? 3-5 teacher? Specialist? Adm? Other? Who is new to coding? Who has used coding with students? Hour of Code? Robotics?
- Binary Bracelets Warm-up
- Why? Inspiration – Fish in a Tank Video
- Dancing with the Bees Line Dance Video – Move forward 3 steps, turn right, turn left, turn left, turn right, move back 3 steps. Repeat 3 times.
- Bee-Bot Activities: Play, Control, Movement, Challenge – Program your Bee-Bot to do the same line dance you just did.
- Unplugged Lessons: Plant-a-seed
- Plugged: Code a Flower
- Time? – Feedback Q&A
- Computational Thinking – Circle Connections
RESOURCES (A Scavenger Hunt) – HANDOUTS