Remembering

Wondering – what little thing I could do now to help change the world through schools building peace and empathy.

• Remembering August 2001 when I was on top of the World Trade Centers with my cousin, Kathy, also a teacher.
  • Remembering my classroom at Westside High School watching as I taught technology systems and had live TV access in the video production module.
  • Remembering my students who but together a tribute for 9/11.  Wondering where they are and the impact I might have made on their lives to give back to our world, our community. Wishing I could watch their tribute again, and hoping the student who masterminded it would post it online so I could watch again.
  • Remembering my computer science classes and wishing I had posted more student work to show the past to change the future of CS Education. Wondering what I can to honor the selection by the White House a Champion of Change for CS Education.
  • Remembering my 50th High School Reunion August 27th and my friends who touched my life.  Wondering what I can do for my grandchildren’s Spring Branch ISD schools they now and attend, and MHS my school where they will be attending. Wondering if the classrooms will still be mostly lecture mode desks or if the switch to student-led project based integrated learning will happen.
  • Wondering what I can do for CS for All to exponentially make the change happen for all students.